- Shop around for a photographer. You want to choose someone who is fun and patient as well as someone who doesn’t rush the kids.
- Arrive early so the children have a chance to adjust to the new place and faces. We all know small children are often afraid of new people and new places, throw an unknown male in there and you have a recipe for disaster.
- Bring snacks!! ( Or chose a photographer who offers them like we do)
- Avoid clashing outfits. For what to wear ideas check out our Pinterest boards
- Remember that little eyes will follow Mom, Dad or Grandma so stick close to the camera or better yet ask where the best place is to be.
- Bring a bib or have a rag handy for babies who drool or for when the kids snack between pictures.
- It’s ok to bribe them! Ice Cream, candy and cash are all acceptable. Try to avoid scheduling during a nap time or when kids are usually cranky. Or if you have a newborn, pick a time when they usually are sleeping.
- If you have ideas, send them a few days in advance so the photographer can prepare. (Let them know if you plan to bring props)
- Be open minded and rest assured the photographer knows what they are doing. We can often see something you can’t about a shot or angle that you may not pick up on.